From: j.hironaka [mailto:j.hironaka@unesco.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 10:17 AM
To: OzerskyJA; 'celtics@igtc.com'
Subject: Re: insider: Gasol to go high; Brown for Bonzi; Tinsley mystery

Great stuff.

At 09:43 26/06/01 -0400, OzerskyJA wrote:
>The NBA has released its list of 14 players invited to the Green Room,
>ready to appear on TV at the draft. Typically, as teams fine tune their
>thinking and players rise and fall on the want lists, the Green Room
>invitees are the best gauge of who is projected to go in the lottery The
>only real surprise was the inclusion of JUCO star Kedrick Brown, who has
>come out of nowhere to be projected as a top 10 pick. How obscure is
>Brown? Several top teams didn't even see tape on him until Monday. His
>agent, Arn Tellam, has kept him under wraps. Several league sources
>confirmed an Insider report yesterday that Brown will likely be selected
>by the Celtics and then traded to the Blazers for shooting guard Bonzi
Wells

Geez, Arn Tellum gets Kedrick Brown invited to the "green room" over a slew
of household, NCAA and Final Four stars. Amazing!

As for the reported trade, Bonzi Wells last year averaged a career high
12.6 ppg, shooting 53% from the field, 34% on treys, and 66% on free throws
in 26.6 mpg. He is a plus rebounder out of the backcourt at 4.9 per game.
He's 6-5 and a solid 220 pounds, and turns 25-years-old in late September.
Evidently he'll need to be re-signed at around the same time as Paul
Pierce. I'm kind of surprised Boston will go with a veteran over a cheaper,
rookie contract, but you could do worse.

Meanwhile, Portland must really LOVE Kedrick Brown because Bonzi may not be
a superstar, but he is a keeper.

>Curiously, Iowa State point guard Jamaal Tinsley, who is widely thought to
>be in free-fall, canceled a workout with the Charlotte Hornets (No. 16)
>yesterday. Tinsley also backed out of a workout with the Seattle
>Supersonics (No. 12). "They decided he was going higher than us" at No.16,
>Hornets vice president Bob Bass told the Charlotte Observer. Maybe he
>knows something we don't.

If he also cancelled Seattle knowing he'd go higher, that can only mean
Tinsley is coming to Boston.

***