Re: The Truth About the Finals

I second those comments . . .  I counted three obvious goaltends in the last
couple games (two defensive, one offensive). Add to that his traveling
violations, the ability to use an elbow to the face as an offensive weapon
(imagine if V could do that  - hell, he gets whistled for just leaning on
another player) and the clear-out/over-the-backs on offense and I think that
explains a good part of why the Lakers were so 'unstoppable.' Jordan's heir
in violating the rules with impunity is Shaq. (I think it so ironic that any
time the NBA wants to show Jordan's last gamewinning shot they also show him
shoving Bryon Russell about 10 feet with a clearly illegal forearm smash in
order to get free for the shot.) Sure, the Lakers would be favored even
without allowance of such violations, but why would you ever allow one team
(or player) such latitude?

Hail to the thief!

> Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 11:16:44 -0700
> From: "Cecil Wright" <cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca>
> Subject: Re: The Truth About the Finals
>
> But it was obvious to me that Shaq was getting away with murder as well.
He