RE: Diop's fracture details

I think it is a stress fracture..but isn't that the little toe?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu
[mailto:Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 4:41 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Diop's fracture details

--- You wrote:

I hope Dr Kestas can offer some sort of an opinion, regarding any chronic
after-effects or possible structural defects that might have caused Diop's
foot fracture.
--- end of quote ---

No, I'm not an MD, and even if I were, I think only an orthopedic surgeon -
preferably one specializing in lower limb fractures - could go beyond the
generalities. I think the bone that's broken in Diop's foot is the same
location (metatarsal) as in Ilgauskas's and Fortson's feet, although in
their
case I seem to remember a different (3rd or 4th) metatarsal was broken.
I don't even know if the fracture occured because of an acute injury (which
might just be due to bad luck) or if it's a stress fracture (which could
mean a
predisposition to further injury in that area).
Kestas