Re: Diop's fracture details

At 13:03 20/06/01 +0800, kevin from singapore wrote:
>Are we talking Zaugllkuas/Fortson kind of injury? thanks.
>
>http://www.foxsports.com/nba/home/nba_news.cfm?source=st&cont_id=63817
>Center DeSagana Diop said he has recovered from a fracture of the
>fifth metatarsal in his left foot that forced him to miss most of the
>final month of the season at Oak Hill Academy.
>
>But you can rest assured that all of the NBA clubs interested in him
>will give the foot a very thorough going over.
>
>The injury might have limited his on-court time but hasn't kept him
>from dropping about 20 pounds. He's carrying about 300 pounds on his
>nearly seven-foot frame right now.

I hope Dr Kestas can offer some sort of an opinion, regarding any chronic
after-effects or possible structural defects that might have caused Diop's
foot fracture. If he lasts until 10-11, it seems worth the risk IMO. Even
Ilgauskus was worth the risk, knowing what we know.  He is very talented.
Cleveland would have a hell of a nice team if he were healthy. They can
pass and shoot really well compared to other teams.

If Bill Walton were in the draft, I'd still spend a number one overall on
him. He had only two healthy season in his career and won championships
both times.

Joe

---