My final wish list... until tomorrow

I keep going round and round with every day's new reports. Assuming we keep
the picks and Gasol is gone, here's my hope:

10. Diop... He's a project and a risk, but the potential reward is too great
to pass up. If he's there at 10, how can we possibly pass him up?

11. VladRad... These reports just make him sound like a much better prospect
than Murphy or Bradley. Great shooter, good athlete, good size... I'll take
two, please.

Other options: Gasol remains a possibility. He probably will be off the
board, but let's say he slips past Vancouver at 6... do the Nets, Cavs or
Pistons risk taking him and watching him play in Spain next season? Short of
a dominant center, teams tend to build around "unique" players who present
matchup nightmares. Gasol, a 7-1 small forward, could qualify...  If Diop is
off the board, I'd settle for Loren Woods with one of the early picks. His
stock is soaring, he is a legit 7-footer and he actually has some skills,
unlike Battie. Would I be thrilled? No, but I wouldn't be terribly
disappointed either. (Of course, I like Brendan Haywood more, but I seem to
be alone.)... The most likely slider along with Diop is Joe Johnson. I know
the Celtics would be thrilled, but I wouldn't be. I'm no Johnson fan. I
don't like the "passive" label and just think the least of our needs is
another "versatile" (read: tweener) 6-8 perimeter player. As always, if he's
the best player, the Celts should take him. I'm just hoping he isn't the
best player left at that point...

At 21... best player left. I don't care what position or how big a project.
Take the guy who eventually will be the best player. Possibilities? Cook,
Tinsley, Murphy, Bradley (all unlikely), Steven Hunter, Zach Randolph (I
hope!), Haywood (I really hope!!), Richard Jefferson, Gilbert Arenas (a lot
of sources have indicated the Celts love him-I don't; another undersized
shooting guard).

That's it... until tomorrow. Or maybe later today if Josh posts something
revealing from sportsTalk (ESPNInsider).

Mark