trading up

I'm with Coach Cowens when it comes to the youth and the Europeans:
give me a Zach Randolph who would muscle most of them off the court.
That's what we need, imo.

If we trade up, we won't have the ability to draft Jefferson or any
of the "athletes" that Wallace and Papile are so hungry for.  We just
get a string-bean small forward.  Well, Lohaus could shoot, too.
Dang.  I'm worried about giving up two good choices for one long shot.
 Actually, Radman sounds better than Gasol.  Or, better yet, if we're
to trade up, go for White or Johnson.

Can't believe I'm so conservative on this, but Gasol has value as a
high-scoring small forward, or he has little value at all.  Don't we
have a rather impressive small forward as it is?  Team chemistry and
positions should play some part in this.  We wouldn't draft Diop if we
had Shaq!   A good GM should spread the talent out and make each a
complement to the other.  J. Johnson makes more sense as a guard at
this point.  Trade #10 and #21 to Cleveland or Detroit for the rights
to Johnson at #8 or #9.  That's reasonable.

Well, maybe if such a trade is a draft night,  wait and see thing,
Chicago or someone will pull the trigger and take Gasol earlier.
That's my last ditch hope.  It seems that we're always worried that
our brass is about to trade away the franchise.   Enough.  Cheers.
Gene