NBADraft.net 2001 NBA Mock Draft

 http://www.nbadraft.net/

NBADraft.net has updated their mock draft and has guys like Forte, Wallace and Randolph dropping. This looks fairly reasonable and the draft could be 10 deep if Radmanovic and Diop are real. Standing pat at 10, 11 we could land two of Diop or Chandler, and Johnson, Gasol or Radmanovic and take a shot at Forte, Hassel, Arenas, Wallace or Trepagnier at 21. We know about Wallace and Trepagnier's athleticism. It seems with the likes or Bryant, Carter, and McGrady we need to add some real athletic types. Could Diop, Johnson  and Wallace give us 3 huge forces in about 3 years?  Are Diop, Johnson and Wallace any less polished than Shaq and Odom or Kobe were at this stage of their careers? Johnson's likeness to Odom or Jalen Rose is intriguing. Anyone for a 6'9" point ?

Their Celtic picks of Diop,Tinsley and Arenas are intriguing.

My selections would be Diop, and best 3 available, and Wallace.

I also like the idea of us moving up and considering the following trades:

Walker and 11 to the Bulls for Brand and #4.(Possible if Nazr is going to Chicago? Hell, throw McCarty in for Fizer or Crawford and they can recreate the Kentucky team if the sign Wayne Turner!)

Brand solidifies the 4 spot, at #4 we can take the best of Battier, Griffin, White, Johnson, or Gasol to fill the 3 spot,  possibly a Diop, Radmanovic, or Tinsley at 10, and maybe a Wallace, Hunter or Parker at 21?

This one just makes a lot of sense to me.

My selections if available:

Johnson, Diop, Wallace

Projected lineup

VP  Diop? Hunter?
Brand
Battier? White? Johnson? Griffin ? Gasol? Radmanovich? Wallace
Pierce
Anderson

or

10, 11 and VP( or Battie) and even next years #1  to Golden State for 5, 14 and Marc Jackson who they probably can't resign.

With the 3 picks we could land one of the top 3's (White, Battier,Gasol, Radmanovic, Griffin) and , Jefferson or Omar Cook at 14(Cook could be top 5-10 if he stayed another year), and maybe a Forte, Hassell, Hunter, or Wallace at 21.

Jackson
Walker
Gasol? Radmanovic? White? Battier? Wallace?
Pierce Hassell? Forte?
Anderson Cook ?

My selections:

Best available of White, Battier, Gasol, Radmanovich or Johnson, Cook, Wallace

NBADraft.net