The Celtics Need To Trade Their Draft Picks... and other news

The Brockton Enterprise's Jim Fenton says the Celtics
should take Denver's pick, and trade off two of
their choices for a veteran(s) and get immediate help.
He cites the woeful Jerome Moiso as a rookie project
that has yet to be developed.

The Boston Herald's Steve Bulpett has Dennis Johnson
saying that Jordan is back, and that Walker may finally
be getting it, as DJ was a witness to Jordan's secret
workouts. Bulpett has Chris Wallace noting that
Stephen Hunter, the star of the Chicago draft camp, may well
go above the C's 21st pick. (Beware of workout and draft
camp warriors I say - Hunter had a mediocre collegiate
career). And the Celtics had Clemson guard Will Solomon in
for not one, but two workouts. (Perhaps they're thinking
about acquiring a second round pick to gain Solomon's
wisdom - It's a real reach to take him at 21).

Burlison from FoxSports.com has an interesting article on
Troy Murphy, who changed his diet, lost twenty pounds,
and has become much more of an athlete since his collegiate
days. Murph is expected to go somewhere  11 - 13
in the draft, says Burlinson.

Peter May, Boston Globe says:

This will be a busy week for the Celtics, who will have four days
devoted to working out players for the draft. Included in the group of
about 16-20 players will be a couple of foreigners: point guard Tony
Parker, who played in France, and Vladimir Radmanovic, a 6-10 forward
who played in Yugoslavia. The Celtics also will take a look at point
guards Jamaal Tinsley and Earl Watson as well as former Worcester
Burncoat High School star Michael Bradley, who went to Kentucky to play
for Pitino only to see Pitino leave to coach the Celtics shortly after
Bradley had made his commitment. Bradley subsequently transferred to
Villanova and played one year, declaring early for this year's draft.

And:  ... It will be interesting to see what happens to high school big
man DeSagana Diop. He's a full slab (7 feet, 300 pounds) and was widely
perceived to be one of the top six picks. He still could be. But he also
is, as Wallace noted, ''somewhat of a mystery man'' because he hasn't
had any workouts yet and missed a lot of the All-Star games with a foot
injury ...
(The Celtics could take him, if he's there at 10 - probably the
only center they'll consider during the draft.)

Paul Pierce offers some draft advice thanks to Peter May:

Paul Pierce put on his general manager's hat last week and offered the
following advice to the Celtics brain trust: ''I personally think we
need a big guy. We need somebody who can help us out in the interior.
That's our biggest concern.'' But would that be solved by a draft pick?
''I look at the draft and I say, `Do we want to be in the playoffs next
year or do we want to be a good team in the long run?' If we're looking
for the long run, then you take the [three] picks. If we're serious
about making the playoffs and serious about being a contender, then I
would say we should take one [draft pick] and trade the others for a
veteran, for someone who can help this team.''

Chris Monter has the C's taking Kenny Satterfield at 21.
(I'd trade the pick before I wasted it.)

According to Niyo from the Detroit News, the Pistons are looking
for a Center/Small Forward. If a quality Big Man ain't there, they're
taking the best SF, probably Joe Johnson. Cleveland is in the
same predicament, and it wouldn't surprise me, that Diop gets
drafted by one of these clubs. Good, it drops Gasol down to
10.