Re: more great news from moody...

Yeah, I saw this at SportsTalk. It's good news whenever a talent emerges out
of the blue, and a good argument for holding off draft talk until after this
week. Of course, I'll start in April again next year.

The obvious difference between Radmanovic and Nowitzki/Gasol is size.
Radmanovic has been listed 6-9 or 6-10, while Nowitzki is a 7-footer and
Gasol 7-1. Doesn't sound like much, but if a player lacks foot speed or
quickness, the extra inches help in getting a shot off, especially if he's
strictly a power forward. I'd be curious to know how he performed in games
and what his age is. Does he have the upside of Gasol or Nowitzki? Everyone
knows Gasol will need a year or two to really contribute in the NBA, so the
coach's comment about that is no surprise. I happen to think the thing that
separates Nowitzki is his ability not just to shoot from long range, but to
post up a little and shoot off the dribble. If your one skill is shooting,
teams will defense it. Gasol, by the way, reportedly scored 27 points and
went to the free throw line 15 times in his playoff game last night.
Regardless, Radmanovic certainly now seems to be a factor at 10 or 11.

Actually, it's sounding more and more like Omar Cook may be a factor there
as well. He may have passed Tinsley as the top point guard on the board, and
with continued strong play and buzz, may move into consideration for the
Celts. I hope not, because I think this draft is too strong to risk reaching
for a raw point guard who can't shoot.

The other interesting development in Chicago is the rise of DePaul C/PF
Steven Hunter. He sounds like a Mark Blount-type and may be a factor at 21.
If he goes before that, then maybe he knocks a guy like Haywood or Woods
down to 21. Again, these developments can be nothing but positives for the
Celts.

Mark