Great post. Thanks Ray for forwarding it. I hope this is accurate. This goes
a long way towards easing my mind about what may happen on draft day (and
beyond). Sounds like they are really focusing on acquiring the best talent
rather than perceived needs (after all, we need virtually everything except
more beanstalks). Thanks to all of you for all the info/opinion lately. It
really helps to clarify what is at best an inexact science. Johnson,
Jefferson, White and even Forte sound like they could really contribute down
the road. Gasol, Chandler or Randolph are very interesting as alternates as
well. It really seems like this might be the year to have multiple middle
picks rather than just one shot close to the top. Can't wait to see the
results at the end of June.

I've got to admit, I'm very relieved to hear that they are not high on
Murphy - it would be murder having to hear what a stiff  'Murph' is on a
continual basis ;?) I can still remember the ribbing I'd take about that
reliever on the Sox in the 70s.

Go Celts Go! - Tom Murphy