Re: Omar Cook at 21?

Title: Re: Omar Cook at 21?

<<(Cook)  feels his first workout, with Boston, was his best.  >>
NY Post
           *********
   As we read in the New York Post story, Omar Cook is being encouraged by the reactions of team representatives at his workouts.
   We must imagine, if, as he said, his best workout was with Boston, that this could shake the C's off of Tinsley at 10 or 11.
   While reports are that Cook is not as advanced (or nearly as old) as Tinsley, there are things to like in his game. He will push the ball and is known for his defense. His shooting in college was poor, but he won't be a first or second option in the pro's and with the zone coming in, he should get some open looks. I presume he got a lot of defensive pressure in college.
   Most fans feel Tinsley is not enough of a player to grab at 10/11, most don't expect him to be there at 21.
   My own feeling is that if Tinsley is not a top 10 player, he is not our point guard of the future.
   As for Cook, like the young centers, who knows?
   Does he have the same potential for development as Curry or Diop? He might be a good pick at 21 if that's the case.
   There are very few point guards ready to come into the league and run a team, even after four years of college.
   At this point, I'd take Tyus Edney or Wayne Turner, they can't shoot either, but at least they'll push the ball.

JB

      Unchain my heart!