more on RJ

Several players from last year's "teens" turned out quite well,
including Q. Richardson, SG, and Desmond Mason, 2/3.  Either would
have given us a quality bench player had we not gone with the
conventional wisdom and taken potential (Moiso).

While we may want to give Moiso time to develop, we can't have a bench
full of those guys--including Herren, Palacio, Blount--see the
problem?  That's why I lean toward college-proven talent and Jefferson
falls into that category.  So what if he's not a top ten "talent?"
Half of that top ten are high risk!

So, if we're hoping for Joe Johnson at 10 (or want Randolph or White),
then Jefferson or Tinsley will at least bring us someone who can get
off the bench.  That's hyperbole--I think both could be starters,
actually.  The other prejudice we face here would be in taking two
players who are not centers or forwards.  Johnson, Jefferson, and
Tinsley are too short for the conventional wisdom.

Gene