Bulls PG situation

I suppose this has already been posted, but the Bulls have signed Greg
Anthony and are interested in Tim Hardaway. Also, they will find out today
about Craford's knee for sure. This doesn't exactly feed my "The Bulls will
take Kenny" fantasy.

Nathan A.

Bulls get Anthony, but taking a hard look at Hardaway
July 21, 2001
BY ROMAN MODROWSKI STAFF REPORTER
Bulls operations chief Jerry Krause flew to Utah on Friday to catch some
summer-league action, but not before finalizing some expected moves.
The Bulls announced the acquisition of Portland veteran point guard Greg
Anthony for a 2002 second-round draft pick, and Krause may be about to pull
the trigger on another move.
Anthony appeared in 58 games off the bench for Portland last season,
averaging 4.9 points and 1.4 assists. The 6-1, 180-pound guard ranked 16th
in the NBA in three-point field goal percentage, shooting .409 (65-159).
Krause had Miami free-agent point guard Tim Hardaway in for a physical
Thursday, and a development with the Chicago native could happen soon.
''It's a fluid situation,'' Hardaway's agent, Henry Thomas, said.
''Something could happen [today], or it could take two weeks.''
Thomas doesn't elaborate on the status of clients, but it's believed
Hardaway is choosing between the Bulls and Dallas, although Thomas said
Miami is still a possibility.
Krause also is considering possible trades. The Minneapolis Star Tribune
reported that there could be a possible three-way deal in the works with
Seattle's Gary Payton going to Minnesota, Wally Szczerbiak coming to the
Bulls and the Timberwolves' Terrell Brandon and the Bulls' Marcus Fizer
going to the Sonics.
Another rumor had Payton going to Miami, which would send Eddie Jones to
the Bulls, who would ship Brad Miller and Ron Mercer to the Sonics.
DAVIS STILL RIPS BULLS: In Friday's news conference announcing his
re-signing with Toronto, Antonio Davis didn't back off the anger he vented
toward the Bulls in the Chicago Sun-Times. Davis said Krause agreed to a
deal and then pulled it off the table and tried to low-ball the veteran
center with a number $10million less.
''I was very honest with that organization,'' Davis said. ''I just don't
think they ever had intentions of trying to sign me.
''All that matters now is that I have a home, and I will just make sure
when we play them that they understand that they screwed with the wrong guy.''
DREW GONE: BRYCE DREW signed a three-year, $4-million deal with the
Charlotte Hornets after one injury-riddled season with the Bulls.
''I'm excited to go down there,'' Drew said. ''They made the playoffs this
year and just about everybody is coming back, except for Eddie [Robinson,
who is headed to the Bulls].
''I was definitely pleased to come [to the Bulls] and have a chance to play
in Chicago for one year, but I was upset with myself because I didn't get a
chance to show how good I was last year because of injuries. It wasn't
something under my control.''
D-DAY: The Bulls will learn how bad Jamal Crawford's left knee is today.
It's believed Crawford tore his anterior cruciate ligament, which could
mean he would miss the 2001-02 season.
July 21, 2001