Re: OK, my thoughts on last night's game

--- You wrote:
Finally, I came away convinced that the Celtics got great talent in Johnson
and Brown in the draft, but really haven't improved the team much at all
THIS YEAR. Those guys are rookies, and you only have to look around at the
other summer league box scores to see what these rookies and assorted
castoffs are doing and know that you can't judge by these performances. I
see these guys and I don't think any of them will give the Celtics much more
THIS YEAR than what Stith did last year. The rebounding and point guard
problems are still there, and the talent infusion, while wonderful, is a
year away from making a significant difference.
--- end of quote ---

I disagree. I think JJ will have an impact similar to what Pierce had when he
was a rookie. Likewise, Kedrick has too much talent, and Joe Forte is too sound
fundamentally, to not make a significant difference this season. (Although we
should define what 'significant' means in this case). While the quality of play
in the summer leagues is substandard, the intensity is not - most of the guys
out there would kill for an NBA job.

I agree about El-Amin, though - we could use him more than Stith. His height
shouldn't be such a concern - he can get up a bit, even at his weight, and
seems very strong. It's not like being similar height prevented Stoudamire,
Brandon, Sherm, or even Bagley from having good careers in the NBA.  The
question is, do JO'B & Co. even *want* a real point guard, as opposed to a
Randy Brown/Palacio type of player? Or they might be balking at the idea of
having 4 PGs on the roster (while in reality it'd be more like 2.5).
Kestas