last nights summer game

I really liked the way El-Amin created his own shot a couple times by
getting his man to back up by feinting a drive
then pulling back and making it. I don't remember who said it, but he did
remind me of Sherman/Bagley perhaps it
was his physique. I was impressed by him at uconn, but his size probably
will keep him from making the team.

Admittedly, I didn't get to see the Celts much last year living here in
Philly, when they were on tv, it was normally
hard to watch. I had read much on this list about Milt, seeing him last
night made me wonder why he is valued at all.
Perhaps it is the new offense of step back and fire away that worries me, at
least that is my fear of a team that is valuing
three point shooting. But he looked horrible in my opinion.

Will the Celts of 2001-2002 set an NBA record for 3 pt attempts? I don't
think that they will correspond
to more wins, but I am old fashioned I guess to prefer a 15 foot shot that
has a higher chance of going in, then shooting
from beyond the arc. The 3 pt shot is a weapon that should be used, but not
for every shot.... ok I will stop everyone on the
list has already heard the argument from those much more informed than I.

Joe Johnson did look good, I was worried Kedrick was going to knock himself
out with that block where he had to duck.
He is very quick, I was impressed.

Also, a note on Kwame Brown, I was impressed, I see that some weren't but I
thought that he looked like he will be a solid
pro. Again, maybe I am just going to start the fan club for some of these hs
players, but I liked seeing him asking the ref
about that one foul where he just kind of moved Blount completely out of his
way with one arm. It seemed less like the
typical nba player griping more like he wanted to know why it was a foul and
what he could do that wouldn't be a foul. Perhaps
I am being fooled but this kid just keeps impressing me with maturity. The
league's MVP, Rasheed, Antoine and a cast
of NBA thousands would have handled it differently, thus I was impressed
just as I was during his comments from the draft
about being compared to other players.

Don