No Subject

< I'm not so sure that this rumored contract is not a figment of someone's
imagination. The papers don't mention anything about Palacio having been
signed
to a contract, much less a $7M one. The Herald only reports that the Celtics
"will try to get Palacio re-signed in short order".  There's nothing on the
Celtics' website about this, either. As much potential as he has, it seems a
bit farfetched that he'd command a $3.5M/yr. contract from the Celtics, or
anyone else. >

ESPN reported it on TV (I haven't checked their website). While the numbers
do seem high I'm glad if it's true. Milt is much more than a miracle shot. He
was already a little mack truck before sculpting his body this summer and he
learned to consistently take the ball to the hoop and make his layups. I'm
sure there are some looking at last night's boxscore and lamenting his 5 for
16 shooting but I'm sure he's bombing away with management's blessing in
order to work on his outside shooting. Now's the time to do it -- that's what
summer leagues are for.

The grass is always greener on the other side. We're ready to wave money in
front of other team's free agents but we begrudge one of our own.

Want to talk bone-headed? The Knicks sign Weatherspoon for 27 million of
which approximately 22.5 million will cost then luxury tax matching dollars.
Now Clarence is a very useful player but to spend 49.5 million for his 5 year
contract when he doesn't even really fit in their lineup is bizarre.

George

--part1_b0.176969bc.2885b3ea_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  SIZE=3>To address the following:
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">&lt; Points well taken. &nbsp;I take back my reservations and doubts about Palacio
<BR>not &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">deserving good money. &nbsp;I guess Kenny is really pressured now to perform... I
<BR>just hope Milt would work even harder and not relax now that he'd gotten the
<BR>dough... &gt;
<BR>
<BR>From all reports, Palacio has been working out like a fiend to improve his
<BR>game and conditioning. I doubt he intends to take it easy now that he's got a
<BR>sweet contract. After all, it's for 2 years not seven.
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>&lt; </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I'm not so sure that this rumored contract is not a figment of someone's
<BR>imagination. The papers don't mention anything about Palacio having been
<BR>signed
<BR>to a contract, much less a $7M one. The Herald only reports that the Celtics
<BR>"will try to get Palacio re-signed in short order". &nbsp;There's nothing on the
<BR>Celtics' website about this, either. As much potential as he has, it seems a
<BR>bit farfetched that he'd command a $3.5M/yr. contract from the Celtics, or
<BR>anyone else. &gt;
<BR>
<BR>ESPN reported it on TV (I haven't checked their website). While the numbers
<BR>do seem high I'm glad if it's true. Milt is much more than a miracle shot. He
<BR>was already a little mack truck before sculpting his body this summer and he
<BR>learned to consistently take the ball to the hoop and make his layups. I'm
<BR>sure there are some looking at last night's boxscore and lamenting his 5 for
<BR>16 shooting but I'm sure he's bombing away with management's blessing in
<BR>order to work on his outside shooting. Now's the time to do it -- that's what
<BR>summer leagues are for.
<BR>
<BR>The grass is always greener on the other side. We're ready to wave money in
<BR>front of other team's free agents but we begrudge one of our own.
<BR>
<BR>Want to talk bone-headed? The Knicks sign Weatherspoon for 27 million of
<BR>which approximately 22.5 million will cost then luxury tax matching dollars.
<BR>Now Clarence is a very useful player but to spend 49.5 million for his 5 year
<BR>contract when he doesn't even really fit in their lineup is bizarre.
<BR>
<BR>George</FONT></HTML>

--part1_b0.176969bc.2885b3ea_boundary--