Re: Brief thoughts on celts vs. knicks (SOME MORE ADDITIONS)

some info culled from ng and espn msg board

================================
Just came from the C's/Knicks game and report the following:

Best player on the court by far? JJ. His assets? He looked real
comfortable, has a nice handle (best on the summer team by far), court
awareness, size, strength, quickness, toughness, all while under
control. He did a little bit of everything: rebounded, hit inside,
outside (effortless stroke), played good D. I totally liked his game.
What I look for in these contexts (where the competition is subpar) is
just how MUCH better a person is, and he was MUCH better than most on
the court.

Next best player on the court? Wayne Turner, per usual, but he just
never gets a real chance. Nuff said on him.

Next best C? Kaboom Brown. The guy is as advertised, Guys. His
physical attributes are off the charts. One time, he got an offensive
rebound and was almost eye level with the basket on his put back for
two. Another time, he jumped out on a man taking a 3 and nearly jumped
out of bounds (the guy missed). Another time, he effortlessly stole
the ball while pressing when the ball appeared to be thrown over his
head. Yet, what's most exciting about the kid is that he has SKILL
too. He shoots the rock (especially the 3) with such great form and,
again, effortlessness. He's comfortable on the box as well and plays
VERY solid D (I'm tempering my compliments until I see more, and
against better comp) Overall, I loved him!

I talked to Papile after the game, complimented him on the choices and
told him I liked what I saw. We talked about how KB is rare in that he
combines great athleticism with great skill (unlike Moiso -- I didn't
say this, but wanted to). We also talked about whether we should have
taken Radmanovic. Papile said Radman is good, but that KB is special,
and only 19 years old. I would tend to agree with Papile's assessment.
I watched a quarter of the Seattle game and Radman hit a couple 3's
but he's gonna have BIG problems on D. See, someone posted yesterday
that Radman would cause match up problems. Yeah, for himself on D.
He's a tweener. Too big & slow to guard 3's and too small to guard
4's. We already have 'Toine tweener; don't need another.

Short takes:

1. Moiso looked lost still. Lotta gifts, no goods.

2. Milt looked buff, but rusty. JJ & KB's skill made him look less
than, but he was solid.

3. Blount looked bigger too, and still quick. He looked more
aggressive and improved (a bit).

4. Forte didn't have his best game, but didn't force anything. He
impressed me one time, though, when he beat his man off the dribble
and tried to dunk the ball in traffic over big guys! Alas, he missed,
but he showed quickness and control.

That's it. I'm going to all the games, except Thursdays, and will give
reports if I have anything to contribute.

HLS

Great job hls!!!! Just came back from the Celt's game and the first 10
minutes of game 2. Here are my brief thoughts...
1. JJ-smooth, polished, under control. A more muscular Paul
Pressey/Reggie Lewis type. Cool and will only improve. SG/Sf
2. KB-The x factor. Smaller than JJ but even more muscular and
explosive. Looked hungry and ready to play. Didn't really remind me of
anyone. Anxious at first but settled down. SG only. Maybe reminds me
of Andrew Toney but more of a 94 foot player.
3. JF-Ricky Pierce clone. Too small to play all the time but will
play/contribute right away. Will shoot 4-7 in 12 minutes a night.
Won't make a mistake.
4.Radman-like lhs said-tweener with no de who can shoot.
5.Last thoughts-the team will be more physical and will win a bunch of
games with small ball.
Go Celtics!!!!!!!!! Gadeil

=============================
Yeah, the collapse (4th qtr) was due to the convergence of 2 things:
playing the subs too long and Wayne Turner. By the time the regulars
got back in the game, Wayne (and the better players for the Knicks)
had changed the complexion and momentum and the C's just held on for
the W. Wayne is SUCH a winner.

Yet, the encouraging thing is that, when our regulars were in there,
it wasn't even close.

=============================

rome Moiso's new nickname should be "the liability"  He never hussled
up
the court, and missed almost everyone of his defensive assignments.
His
offense looked like Walter  McCarty's. He sucked, really clueless.
Very
disappointing.

Forte had energy and moves.  He had trouble finishing, but it looked
more
like jitters than anything else.  Fast and great defense.  Real
potential.

Joe Johnson looked like Eric Williams(pre-injury).  I'm not sure
whether
that is good or bad.  He is OK, but not sure where he fits in on our
team.

Kedrick Brown can jump!  No kidding.   He had trouble finishing, but
also
canned a couple 3's.   Don't forget Lorenzo Williams and Dee Brown
could
jump too.  Hopefully, Kedrick won't be either of these.  I still have
high
hopes for him to live up to the hype.

Milt looked good except he forgot about passing to teamates.  If he
had any
assists, they were accidental.

Mark Blount looked the same.

These are just one man's impression from one game against a bunch
scrubs.  I
left reservedly excited about Forte and Kedrick Brown, indifferent on
Johnson, and sad about Moiso.

=====================================
(on Moiso):
Oh, he's scary athletically!! He had some nasty blocks tonight. That's
why I'd take minutes from V, 'Toine, Battie and Blount, give them to
Mo and see what we've really got.

I just no longer see Moiso doing any damage in this league, for us at
least. He was a Pitino pick, and Wallace/Obie reminded us fans about
that. They also said that Alexander was the highest player on the
board available to us, but Pitino pulled the trigger on Moiso. He
isn't gonna get much minutes at the 4 with Toine there,
He isn't large enough to man the 5-hole. 3? Pierce. 2? Uhh right.