Re: [Celtic_Pride] Holy Cross star center Josh Sankes

At 10:11 13/07/01 +0800, kevin lok wrote:
>Italian lessons could pay dividends
>Wednesday, July 11, 2001
>By Bill Doyle
>Telegram & Gazette Staff
>Holy Cross star center Josh Sankes will work out with the Celtics this
>weekend. And if the NBA team's coaches like what they see, he'll play
>for Boston's entry in the Shaw's Pro Summer League next week at
>UMass-Boston. (...)

         Kevin, thanks for finding this informative article in the
Worcestor Telegram & Gazette, all the way from way out in Singapore. ;-)

         I wonder if any of the unknown Shaw players will emerge this year
like Blount and Griffin. Both Blount and, to a lesser degree Griffin, were
the last people I expected to emerge from the pack. But it seems harder
than ever to find a free roster spot this year, even for well-known
commodities like Khalid El-Amin.

Joe