Nazr vs. Battie.

I am not convinced on Nazr either.

Battie has certainly has had a couple double digit rebound games. And if you
stuck
him on a woeful team like Atlanta of last year without Theo or Mutumbo, he
would
likely put up some big numbers.

To be frank if Leo or Red was dying to get Nazr I might be convinced. But
what so great about him?

First of all:

He can't block shots..
The Celts need a shot blocker first and foremost. Walker gets plenty of
rebounds..
How are we going to compete without a legit shot blocker in the front line?
With a small lineup..you NEED a shot blocker. Who is going to block the shots?
Walker? Joe Johnson?!

We discovered this problem with the great rebounding lineup of Fortson Vitaly
and Walker. <g> I can't believe folks on this list would give Battie up for
him.

Battie has all the tools. The guy can shoot some, rebound some, and has the
quickness and athleticism to block shots. He might not develop to the great
player
he should have been, but he seems better then Nazr is to me. Battie can fill
in probably at any position on the front line as well. I think if he was
healthy he would
have scored more then Bryant.

Nazr is shorter, slower, stronger but not a good leaper or shot blocker. Who
cares if he matches up better with Shaq. We already have the strongest player
in the NBA.

Numbers can be deceptive. Forston was a great rebounder..GREAT and a pretty
good scorer to boot. He shot a high percentage. But could he play defense?
Nope.

Since we could use some muscle inside..I don't see a problem adding him
in. But not at the cost of Battie. We need those shot blockers.

Also I am not sure the Celts are that small.
We are around 6'7 and 225 average NBA sizes for a team.

Pete