Re: ? on Directv

At 11:05 07-07-01, gene kirkpatrick wrote:
>I am into serious shopping for a dish.  Any reviews on
>the quality of RCA v. Sony?  Those are the two choices
>here and RCA looks to be easier to handle, remote
>wise.  Is there much quality difference?  By the way,
>I could get a dual room set (RCA) installed for $200
>(with partial install free).  How does that compare in
>other areas?

I have and use both(RCA & Sony) and Hughes as well. I find no difference in
quality but I like the small remote that now comes with the RCA. As for
install it is easy to negotiate a totally free install. To me $ 200.00 is
highway robbery. I am terrible at building things etc but I was able to
install my mini system in under 2 hours.
You may not want to install it yourself but I really think you can do
better on your install costs. Go to the direct tv site and do a search for
installers in your area before committing to the $2 bill install. Good
luck!! Later.Mike

__ __
Michael J.King Sr.
An Aristocracy of One