Re: "The taxman cometh."

Sorry, my original reply only went to Jim rather than the board,
so this may be a little confusing since it is my reply to Jim's reply to
my reply. ;)

According to ESPN, Abdur-Rahim was formally introduced by the Hawks as their
starting power forward.  Kukoc will be the starting small forward.  So
their starting center is going to be either Mohammed or Ratliff.

I don't imagine Atlanta has any intention of Ratliff being a backup center,
with his abilities and the money they're paying him.  If Atlanta is going
to resign Mohammed with the intent of making him the starting center, I think
Ratliff would be on the trading block (his contract is more expensive and
longer than Anderson's).

So under these assumptions, I think Atlanta would consider Kenny Anderson
and Battie for Ratliff and cap filler.  As good as Ratliff is, I am wary
of what Ratliff's contract + the contract of the useless players that
would accompany him.