Re: In pursuit of #17 (LONG)

Nice analysis, Mark. A few questions/comments below:

> 2.  Bryant Stith --

I think they'll offer him a short contact below his current money. If he takes
it, fine, if not, we have rookies at his position that need playing time. I
like Stith as much as the next guy, but I don't think he should be signed to a
substantial contract for the reasons BSG outlined at the end of the season.

3.  Jerome Williams --

We badly need a guy like that.

>  I Milt  gets a better deal, sign Chris Herren.

I don't think we need Chris Herren, especially with Forte aboard.  Milt, on the
other hand, is a different type of player - a type we don't have.

> 5.  Most importantly, it puts us something like 16-20 million under
> the cap for 2002-03 (Kenny, Coleman, R. Brown & Moiso's option (if
> needed)).

Is that taking Pierce's (max) contract into account?

Kestas