Re: low post

> Cliff Robinson was guarding Toine in the Phoenix game.
>  Since when was Cliff Robinson a low post defender?
> It's like having Jordan guard Karl Malone in the post.
>  The Mailman would have a field day because of the
> weight and size disadvantage.

I saw the game on tv and yeah you're right that Cliffy got burned by Walker.
That's why they tried a good defender in Rodney Rogers on Walker and Rodney used
up his  allocated 6 fouls. Suns got to put Robinson back on AW. I think Robinson
is a "adequate" defender, AW's points/shots were not open looks.

> If you watched the game, the Suns'
> best low post defender and shot blocker Marion was
> guarding Pierce all night.  Guaranteed if Marion was
> placed on Walker, the front row fans would be
> collecting a majority of Antoine's shots.

Then why didn't Coach Skiles put Marion on AW? I think Marion would be overmatch
down the low post by Walker's bulk and bull-in-a-chinashop moves.

>   As for Ainges' comments about Walker, although I
> agree what he said, his qualifications aren't any
> better than Bird's.

Let it be on record that I am not on the Ainge bandwagon. One good thing I
appreciated from Ricky P was never to talk negative about your players in the
media, this serves only to drive down their trade value. I don't think Ainge works
well under pressure (that's why he left coaching the suns) , don't command respect
(that why the towel from Horry) and not a good "value" trader  (if not for
Colangelo's money, suns couldn't have traded for Penny. Googs, Dice, Manning, etc)

For that matter I'm not even sure
> Bird (as great a player he was) is the all knowing
> source of hoop info.  True he had success as a coach
> but he had one of the best assistant's in the league
> in Rick Carlisle.  I'm sure Rick Carlisle had a huge
> hand in developing Bird's offensive and defensive
> schemes.

I was thinking, if Carlisle is so hot, why didn't Donnie Walsh take up Bird's
recommendation of Carlisle, or did Bird even second it???

> I believe McHale had the most success
> out of them in terms of really running a team since he
> was in charge of all operations at Minnesota.

My dreamteam at the C's would be:
Red - Prez
Bird - Prez of Basketball operations
Mchale - VP basketball operations (assisted by Wallace)
Parish - Special Coach (for Blount, V, Moiso)

Papile/OB and his assistance stay as they are.