Re: Antoine's moves

Alexander Wang wrote:

> The reason I don't think it would help Antoine as much is
> because he relies almost solely on a very quick move to score. If he stops
> to pump fake, he may give the defender the time he needs to catch up, and
> this team needs Antoine to take advantage of every good scoring opportunity
> that he can get.

Yeah, that's true. I see your point.

What I'd like to see is Antoine showing the instincts to slam the brakes when he
knows he can't beat his defender or beat the double-team closing in on his shot
angle. I'm not saying he should end each foray to the hoop by stopping and
pump-faking. By all means he should keep going for the quick shot if its there.

Of course once he's stopped there is practically no option for Toine but to pass
the heck out of there or pray for a shot foul off the upfake. But that beats
having the ball slammed in his face, and I have to admit you can see the blocked
shot coming from a mile away. It probably doesn't take genius court-sense to
figure out what shots you can and can't force when driving into NBA traffic.