Re: Good win

>From: "I am. . . Anonymous" <ktoreed@yahoo.com>
>
>OK that's my bad.  So I shoot first and think later.
>Not really my best personality trait.  In my defense,
>there really do seem to be people on this list who DO
>think like that but without the sarcasm.  They just
>seem to be in hibernation now since they only post
>after losses or during losing streaks.

Well, that's true, there are those kinds of people, but for someone
to think that Cecil, of all people, would be one of them, even
discounting the "sarcasm" label he used, is short-sighted -- hey,
almost blind, even.  Bad enough Cecil has to get it from all those
Walker-haters, he shouldn't get it from the blind Walker-lovers, too,
should he?

As for the Walker/Pierce All-Star possibilities that Joe brought up,
I wouldn't say that there's a Zero(-naka) chance of it happening, but
it is a loooong shot.  Our record just isn't that good.  Pierce might
have a better shot than Walker, what with the stabbing and all.
Still, there are good swingmen in the East; it's still uphill.

I can't decide what's better: for one or both to make it, or not.
Some validation of a generally good job might be nice, but I just
don't think either quite deserves it.  Maybe not making it will make
them hungry for next year and the year after.  Who knows what
motivates players to do what they do?  As people, they're as
complicated as anyone else and so the "wins only" attitude I think
many of us crave in our atheletes might be unrealistic to expect.
It's an All-Star game, though: it's essentially useless.  It's just a
break in the season where I don't get to watch any _real_ games.
Kind of annoying, to tell you the truth.

Regards,

Celticus "Tirdius"

P.S. I've gotta say, "Obie-won" is the best thing I've heard since
"Poultrino" (he of the "Chicken Outbreak Offense").  Viva la Joe!  If
we (or the players, or management) strike him down, will he become
more powerful than we can possibly imagine?