Re: Digital City Boston link from Josh Ozersky

>I'm not saying this mess isn't Pitino's fault. Ultimately, it's his fault,
>and he made some terrible decisions. But I'm not willing to give the players
>the full pardon most of you seem willing to give. They disgraced the
>tradition of the Boston Celtics with the way they behaved this season. I can
>forgive losing, but not quitting. That's what they did, and it's
>inexcusable. "Sure, they quit, but they didn't like Pitino..." doesn't work
>for me.
>
>Mark

Mark...when was the first time Pitino said, "I'll step down if......" When
did he make his first "quitting" threat? Was it last year? What happens
when players become convinced that doing what their coach wants isn't
working? What happens when they lose confidence in their coach? Is it
allowed to happen? Does it happen? If a coach loses confidence in a player
he has alternatives. What alternatives do players have? I'd also love to
know when Pitino started contacting colleges to line up his next
assignment.

Paul M.