Re: Antoine vs. Kings

>From: Jim Hill <jahill@leasingservice.com>
>
>To all the silly "I told you he is wonderful" comments being made to rebuke
>others on this list.

It's no sillier than some of the usual knee-jerk criticisms of Walker
in this forum, Jim.  By no means is all of it unjustified, but if you
don't see that there are people here, and on the talk shows,
newspapers, TV programs, et al., who just plain crucify the guy, then
you're just not seeing what's there.  God forbid someone might point
that out as well as point out Walker's good game.

>  >or the tired excuse that the woman who helped raise Walker is still
>hospitalized and in a coma.
>
>Cheap shot Joe.  Show me a quote from anyone on this list that reflects that
>statement.

Well, I think it's there in the refusal to speak about it when, say,
someone writes that, although he had a triple double, Walker's game
against Minny was poor.  To be sure, some of the criticism on the
list on that topic was justified; and some wasn't.  I think Joe's
point was merely that the compassionate or empathic fan might take
that into account before criticising a guy who put up good numbers
(20-12-12), that's all.

>Boston fans know who is giving 100% and who isn't.  Let others settle for
less.

OK.  I agree.  But, some Boston "fans" don't know their butts from a
hole in the ground, either, though.

Regards,

Bill (Celtics "Tird")