Re: Road Warriors

At 23:01 1/15/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>> > antoine was not hitting the boards
>>
>> Nope. 12 "gimme" boards for Antoine. Just all fell in his hands.
>>
>> Sorry Bob, but your post is just an outstanding example of the crap
Walker takes
>> by the fans in this town. Nothing the kid can do is ever enough.

...so on. Now, I'm not a Walker basher. In fact, I defended his play in the
Toronto game which, IMO, was much better than his play today. The fact is,
Walker played fairly horribly today, despite collecting a triple-double.
This was one of his worst games in recent memory, and the Celtics won
despite, not because, of him.  They were at times playing 4-on-6 because of
his selfish, ill-advised play on offense and his atrocious defense (even
more so than usual, if you can believe it). What saved the Celtics was that
finally he realized that being eaten alive by Garnett  & Co and taking
ill-timed 3s wasn't helping his All-Star bid (not that he has a chance of
getting it) and started feeding Pierce, who was just unstoppable. It also
probably earned him at least 10 of his 12 assists, because he rarely passes
to anyone else.  I can't recall another time where a player who had a
triple-double had played so poorly. This is a case where the player's stats
belie his true effect on the game.

Kestas