Re: Where do the C's go from here?

At 05:55 PM 1/14/01 -0800, John Lyell wrote:
>I read where something like 27 of the last 45 are on the road. This makes
>our pick look very promising.  We could end up winning less than 30. I also
>read that the max the Warriors can offer Marc Jackson is $4M, so unless he
>does a John Amaeche and show some loyalty he will be off to the highest
>bidder.

Amaechi's case was different. The reason the Magic "couldn't" pay him was
because they wanted to use their cap room on McGrady and Hill. As a result,
they couldn't match the Lakers' exception offer. He's going to be more like
Brad Miller, I think. The Warriors can offer him an exception offer, which
next year is supposed to start above $4.5M. There aren't going to be a
whole lot of other teams that can beat that, but once Webber's destination
is determined, I'd imagine he'd be a target.

Alex