Miami rematch

Well, that was a good 'un, anyway.

Celts didn't fold in the fourth, and I'll take that, and seconds, for
that matter.  What was worrisome was the team's offensive dependence
on Walker and especially Pierce in the later stages of the game.
Don't get me wrong; it worked out, and so one shouldn't complain, but
I don't have a lot of confidence that similar strategies in later
games with pay off with such good results.

On the plus side, after creating that big first quarter lead, the C's
played through a number of Miami runs.  That showed me a lot of
heart, and, more importantly, a difference from earlier games in the
season.  We sure seemed to let the Heat get a lot of offensive
rebounds, especially in the first half, and that also bothers me.
V's not going to get 10 rebs a game, and I'd hope Walker steps up to
fill that rebounding vacuum.  Moiso got McCarty's minutes (thank god
-- not so much for Moiso playing, but for Wallah _not_ playing) and
then some, and looked a bit less lost than before he went on the IR.

Mark Blount looked good: still no love from the refs, as to be
expected, but he can really block shots, or at least challenge them.
That one fast break attempt where he lost the dribble shows that his
forte is really not ball-handling, though.

I tried to watch the game to see similarities and differences between
how the Celts are playing now rather than under Pitino (shall we call
this Obie-ball?).  Jury's still out.  Still saw defensive traps, but
was it me or did the team front the low post less?  Substitution
patterns seemed Pitinoesque but less ... ah, strange, I guess?  The
offense still looks anemic to me.  What ever happened to "attacking
the basket"?  The PG brings it up, passes to Walker or whoever is
playing PF or, less frequently, the C, and then it's a half-court set
that relies on the one-on-one move to create anything.  Still, they
swung the ball effectively, though it was too bad Stith didn't can
more open threes, he did get one that really counted.

Regards,

Bill, Celticus "Tirdius"

P.S. I know the Celts igtc list exists in a strange, otherworldly
twilight zone realm, but people pining for ML Carr?  Glad the players
(might have) laid down like punks to hasten the coach's departure?
What next?  Serious discussions about tanking the season?  Blaming
Pitino for everything humanly possible and then some?  Ooops, spoke
too soon... .