Re: Pitino vs. the players

>I don't care how much you dislike your coach, to blatantly quit on him (it
>amounts to throwing games), is inexcusable. Get rid of all of them. Every
>last one.
>
>Mark

As a general rule I would agree Mark, however....what if it became obvious
to the players that Pitino was leaving, that he no longer cared, that he
had nothing else to say to them, that for perhaps every good reason he was,
as my children say, "over it," and they suspected he was hanging on to
sweeten a buyout deal. If he gets fired he leaves with more $$$$ than if he
just walks away...yes? Is that true? I could be wrong but I think I read
that somewhere. If he stays after the sale of the team, which everyone
seems to agree is coming up, he leaves with more $$$$$, yes? I could be
wrong about that also, but..... He eventually walked away from the money,
but maybe it was the players who actually did us all a favor and got him
out sooner.

Paul M.