Pitino's three mistakes..

Hello all,

Well I like Pitino and I think he is a good coach.
But he did make three mistakes I think that led to his downfall.

1) Potapenko trade...
   This has proven to be a miserable failure of a trade. Andrew was nearly
as good
    and we lost a shot at Shawn Marion...who would have really turned this
team
    around. I think he is more talented then Walker or Pierce.

2)  Ron Mercer and Billups..
    Yup Pitino messed up this draft. He should have picked different players
or
     traded these draft picks. Neither of these players panned out. But I
consider
     this a lessor mistake. These guys are at least okay players. However
truth be
     told the franchise never really recovered from this.

3)  Walker
    This was another mistake...albeit like the draft a bit understandable.
     Pitino thought Walker could be the man..and at times he can be.
     But he remains a selfish player.  Pitino should have cut his losses and
     moved him for something while he had the chance.

I dont see tons of other mistakes though:

Alot of folks point to Kenny Anderson as his mistake.
Nope....if he had made the right moves Kenny would be just fine.
Tiny thinks that Kenny is the player closest to him in the NBA today.
Though he is messed up health wise this year...I don't think Billups is
a better point guard.

Also folks tend to pin him with the Travis Knight thing..
Well he traded him for Battie. Seeing that Travis sucks..thats a heck of  a
trade.
Battie isnt great..but he is a good.  I actually think he has a good attitude.
He seems to stay within himself.

Pete