Re: Walker

----- Original Message ----- From: Georgek27@AOL.com
In a message dated 1/8/01 10:09:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, bocelts@usit.net
writes:

I see Walker shot 7-28, 0-4 on 3's, got a technical foul, fouled out
of the game, and had 8 turnovers to go with his 11 rebounds.
Hhhmmmmm, I wonder if Walker is a problem.  He can carry the team,
but he mostly buries it.

Not to defend Walker but he had several shots that were right there but just
wouldn't drop. His technical foul was a joke since he was yelling to Jim
O'Brien and got T'd by the ref who though he was yelling at him (the Portland
players were very amused by this). Also he fouled out with very little time
left and the game already lost. The fans were giving him a royal booing on
every missed shot.

A very strange game for 'Toine.  He started out getting 3 point plays on his first 3 "touches".  All of the hoop-plus-the-foul variety.  After that, everything he did seemed to be snakebitten.  Bad passes.  Cheap fouls.  Bad shots.  Missed easy shots.  You name it.

Jim