Hawk game

Just another exhibition of dumb basketball. Here you got two weak guards on
defense, Terry and Maloney, and we have to go to the Walker
meet-u-at-the-hoop option amidst other disjointed offense. Why wouldn't we go
at whomever Terry is guarding? He is a toothpick! Sure they will double and
then we pass out and then Pierce or Walker will get the ball in the open or
with only one guy to beat. The main guys will still get the shots but they
will be much higher percentages! Just dumb basketball. What's the use at this
point?...Pierce had a nice game again and was really draining the jumpers. I
don't blame Pierce for any offensive woes. When he is hot like he normally
has been the past month, he should shoot it even with a man on him. I think
he is getting tired at the end of games either from trying to get open to get
the ball or from playing so much. Pitino played him the entire second half.
You got to find a way to get him a rest because he will get shots in the last
2 minutes that we must have. However, it appears that Pitino, in his infinite
wisdom, has again forgotten about Carr as Pierce relief. Maybe he isn't so
dumb since the boys wouldn't pass it to Carr in the second half of the
previous game anyways and he isn't much good if he isn't shooting....It seems
that Walker has one of those things that if something doesn't work, you just
repeat it until  you reach success. This is a great idea if you are
practicing but not during a game. I don't know how many threes Walker shot
but I think he was 1 for 10 from three point land (no exaggeration intended).
I have never in my life seen a player, other than the playground, shoot so
many threes without regard to the timeclock, just because he was open for a
few seconds, and not get coached. There is a totally void of coaching in this
respect, IMO. It just isn't fair to the rest of the team to allow someone to
do something that is determental to the team's success. I would have to
apoligize to ML if I didn't point this out...I still like this Palacio kid. I
think he is going to be a player in a couple of years. He seems to be able to
be beat off the dribble by smaller guards. I think Randy Brown can teach him
a few tricks to help him out there. Otherwise, he such a help on D because he
can play D  on switches on 2s and 3s. He also seems to be to make it to rim
or an open spot anytime he wants. He just doesn't have any confidence in his
offense. I am willing to let this guy develop and hope he gets plenty of
playing time...Blount showed he wasn't going to be a Eric Riley and got after
Lo Wright and scored on him with his second career bucket on a nice inside
move. As a I pointed out before, he has definite shotblocking ability but is
a little wild on the D....VP showed that he isn't a Matt Geiger if included
in the offense by making nice little jumpers early on. He even took Mutombo
to the rack and scored on him off the dribble. Surprise, suprise! Yeah, VP
has NBA game but not much more than Greg Kite. Yet, Greg Kite was a valuable
part of a championship team. Kite could rebound better but VP has a much
better shot than Greg. I don't know who fouls better<g>...I like it when
Randy Brown came in and showed the Celts how to individual one-on-one defense
on a sizzling Jason Terry. However, Terry was already unconscious and
couldn't be stopped at that point.  I hope Palacio is watching. Anderson,
well...The press was put into use and was effective. Having Blount in there
helped out since he can block shots and really gets up the floor and the fast
break. And yes, there was a couple of fast break sightings. You have to
credit Palacio who will get the ball up the court and Blount, who sprints
like it is a jailbreak. However, Blount got two fouls and that lug, VP, had
to be reinserted and the fun and games were over. Oh, how I miss the up-tempo
game...

DJessen33