It's Time!

It's time for coach Pitino to leave.  For his own sake, for the team's
sake, and for the fans' sake.
It just hasn't worked out.

No one can question Pitino's ability as a recruiter, teacher,
motivator, and coach.  He is one of the best.  It just didn't work out
for the Celtics.  For the sake of his career, his self-image, and his
family's happiness, he should return to college coaching where he will
undoubtedly show his mettle once again.

The Celtics team needs a coach who will demand, punish, lead and force
them into playing hard-nosed basketball night after night.  Pitino and
Walker did not work out.  It could have been the best of situations,
enriched by the addition of Pierce, but both players need someone to
kick their butts.  This team should be .500 now, with the will to go
to Atlanta and win, no matter who is injured.  That they cannot do so,
and cannot defeat the Detroits of the league testifies to their lack
of character.  In my opinion, the "professional" athletes have let
their coach down.  They deserve what they get when the house is
cleaned.

Finally, the fans deserve an organization and a team that puts a
professional product on the floor.  We don't have that.  We have
children making millions--children who don't or won't block out on the
boards, who won't hustle back on defense, and who think an occasional
good game is sufficient.

I'm no Yankee fan, but I've never forgotten the quote about the great
old Yankee teams:  "Others went out to play nine innings and take a
shower; the Yankees went out and sweated blood."
Why not the Celtics?

Cheers,

Gene