Re: A quote Pierce and Walker should see

That quote is bogus and Mike Dunleavy can afford to make it because he hasnear all stars playing at every position. Checkout Jordan's average when Pippen was hurt he was shooting 43%, didn't mean he was any less of a player. So what does it mean? simple thing, we need talent. Talent that has been traded away by that stupid GM of ours. Look at Chauncy he dished 9 assists and scored 16 pts on 50% shooting, look at Ron Mercer who is playing so well for Chicago. I will guarantee, you trade Walker & Pierce to a non-lottery bound team and they will play very well and we the Celtic fans will feel that we have squandered yet another opportunity.

I had cried bloody murder when these two were being traded, so IMO Chicago is doing the right thing and are waiting for there talent to blossom while trying to rebuild through draft and not squandering away there talent. Yes they are having loosing seasons, but atleast there is some hope for them. For us, I don't see anything until RP leaves and a basketball person is hired. - Mishra

  "Berry, Mark S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG> wrote:

This from Portland coach Mike Dunleavy, on Damon Stoudamire:

"He's playing the best ball of his career," said Dunleavy, noting
Stoudamire's 46.2 FG percentage, as opposed to 43.3 last year. "Anybody can
do what he did [in Toronto]. Any talented player can put up numbers with a
bad team. But he's playing the way we want him to play, the way that will
help us win."

Any talented player can put up numbers with a bad team... That should be
posted above the Celtics' lockerroom door.

Mark

Do You Yahoo!?