Re: Miracle Milt

What a great instincts by Palacio! Sure it was a regular season game
against the Nets, not a playoff game against the Pistons, but we haven't
seen a magic act - reversal of a sure loss - like that since LB was in
town. Palacio came out of nowhere to pick up the botched inbounds pass
(Aaron Williams doing his best Vitaly impression - boink), then got as
close as he could with what micro-seconds were left and nailed the shot. It
was heaven!  One of the best parts was the team pileup afterwards. They
were juiced, and it was just plain fun and heartwarming to see
that.  Another best part was Antoine's 3-pointer with 3 seconds left.  Way
to go, guys!

Looks like they're creeping up on the 8th playoff spot, which frankly I
would rather they didn't get. They're so borderline that I want them in the
lottery, not giving Pitino the bragging rights to a playoff team.

Keep the damn picks!  I'm tired of seeing the high school phenoms end up
elsewhere.  I want Eddie Griffen (though I realize that's improbable, given
that the Denver pick is protected).  What exactly do we have for
picks?  Ours, Utah's (not going to be high), Denver (6-10 would be nice),
and what else?

If I had my choice for coaches, I'd get Paul Silas. Keep Chris Wallace. And
for players, I'd get Lo Wright (as I've said in the past, give him the
minutes and he produces).  I still think Antoine is a 3.   I look forward
to a full season of Chris Herren.

And this showed up on espn:

Wayne Turner
The point guard during the University of Kentucky's late 90's streak of
championship teams did play for the Cincinnati Stuff, and is now a Harlem
Globetrotter.

Happy New Year everybody.

  --Ellie