What They're Saying About The Celtics

Peter May
Boston Globe

The Celtics will not make the playoffs and the new basketball management
team will aggressively move to trade Antoine Walker and, again, start
the rebuilding process.

Mark Heisler
LA Times

On NBA New Year's Resolutions

Rick Pitino--I'll do better in my next job, as I would have here if only
we hadn't lost that drawing for Tim Duncan. And Travis Knight, Chauncey
Billups, Antoine Walker and Kenny Anderson hadn't turned out to be total
losers. And the fans of Boston hadn't turned on us. And Paul Gaston
wasn't such a cheapskate and-- wait! Where you going? OK, tell
interested teams and/or universities to contact my agent. Bidding starts
at $5 million for pros or $2 million plus the usual perks for colleges

Stephen A. Smith
Philadelphia Inquirer

Indiana's Austin Croshere and Travis Best for Boston's Antoine Walker?
I'll believe it when the Celtics are able to get rid of Kenny Anderson,
when the Pacers convince me they truly believe there could be enough
basketballs for Jalen Rose, Reggie Miller and Walker together, and when
Rick Pitino resumes coaching in college. . . .

Bob Ryan
Boston Globe

Do all these people pining for the return of Bird as owner think he will
arrive waving a magic wand that will give Vitaly Potapenko quick feet,
turn Kenny Anderson into Gary Payton, and provide Messrs. Walker and
Paul Pierce with good judgment?