Re: Blount + Potapenko:

I followed the game via weei.com:

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 23:50:33 -0600, Geof F. Morris <gmorris@TOTK.com> wrote:

>>	Ummm, 20 minutes for Blount.  23 for Potapenko.  Only eight
>>guys got in the game.  Who the heck picked up the rest of the minutes
>>at the 5: EWill?

V was a factor on the offensive boards. He kept alive several miss shots by his
bulk and hustle. Blount did not have the neccessary bulk to handle Sabonis.
Anyway, the portland big guys (Rasheed and Sabonis) were more on throwing outside
shots. V is getting better every game and I believe it is due to playing (or
coaching) to his strength. Under Ricky, V was made to trap (same as for Battie)
and provide help defense (chicken outbreak sysetem), instead of just boxing out
and getting the rebound (which I think should be his primary role.)

>>	Any time you can win a game where Pierce goes 4-16 and Walker
>>goes 9-22, you have to feel special.  Amazing even more that Walker
>>went 7-12 from outside.  I don't like him heaving them that much,
>>but...damn.

from what I hear on the radio, most  of Walker's 3 pointers were good shots, in
that he was open, taken when shot clock was winding down, the ball was reversed a
few times before coming to him. I think generally good shots.

Pierce was really having a BIG off night. His jumpshots' not working, and when he
went inside, he was hacked but he didn't do too well with the FTs. He was maybe
forcing a little when his jumpshots were not going in.