Re: Rooting?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Gooen" <callmebogie@yahoo.com>

> <<Oh the wonders of local variations on the english language. This phrase
> to any Australians on the Celtics list is rather amusing. The term
> "rooting" is Australian slang for something rather different than the
> American English expression. If Paul & Greg do decide to "root" at the
> game, I'm not sure the fans would actually be watching the game, and both
> of them would most likely be arrested :)>>
>
> Thanks for the cultural info, Simon. I'll remember that if I ever get the
> urge to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" while strolling through Sydney
> -- I suppose the line "So let's root, root, root for the home team" would
> get me arrested?  Although I suspect it might get a few Aussies a bit more
> interested in baseball....

I'd suggest  if you're going to sing that line in Sydney, don't do it during
the world famous Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras they have in Sydney annually.
Otherwise you might end up with an interesting date for the evening :)

Simon

Ulcerate - alternative/industric music to inspire and conspire
http://mp3.com/ulcerate - streaming & downloadable mp3 evidence