RE: Pitino pushing the right buttons

On the other hand, things are looking up for my teams:

Yankees have won 3 in a row and sign Mussina - one for Jeter's thumb next
year.

Dolphins remain competitive despite the pundits predictions of last place in
the AFC East (by the way this is favorite kind of team to root for - the
underdog who has a lot of "moxy" and outperforms not on talent but effort)

Celtics win five in a row for the first time since McHale suited up and
could, maybe, maybe make the 8th seed and take Philly five games or pulloff
the unthinkable (I know - let's beat Vancouver first which is a "must" win
as Josh pointed out.  Boston MUST beat all sub-500 teams through the end of
the year).  Gotta look at the Cs as glass half-full now Mark.  Floundering
was 12-22 and hoping they lose the rest of the games to secure Eddie
Griffin's services.

Edmonton Oilers - very competitive in a tough conference despite
considerable sal cap restriction  (no other reason to trade Guerin to the
Bruins)

Fighting Illini (NCAA) - best team since 89 and anything less than final
four this year would be a disappointment.

So things are looking good with none of the above teams in rebuilding mode -
Celtic basketball has been tough for the last 13 years after being spoiled
from 81-90 (those last three were great just because the big three were
still around).