Re: Pitino pushing the right buttons

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cecil Wright" <cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca>

> Can someone explain to me how this team can win 7 of our last 8 and there
is
> still concern about the former coach?
>
> Who cares about Pitino's motivation skills?  We have the 8th playoff spot
> RIGHT NOW!!  We are getting healthy.  We are playing better defense and
our
> 2 scorers are scoring.  Yet, this discussion is about Pitino?  I don't get
> it.
>
> Not knocking Jamey or anyone else but I would think there would be more
> pertinent things to discuss right now than the former coach.  Like Dorine
> says, he's gone.

If the price for the C's playing hard and trying to win games is to cheat
your fans and tank games to get rid of your coach, then I can't get excited
about this team. I question the ethics of the team and won't be surprised to
see problems of the same sort either this season or next. What happens if
they lose a couple of games, and Obie gets on their case? Do they tank again
and get rid of him? What happens if they appoint a coach in the off season
who the players aren't 100% behind? The turn around these guys have made is
too good to be true. How many times have you seen the
Clippers/Warriors/Griz/Raptors win 30% of their games, and then come out
like contenders?

Don't get me wrong, I love to see my Celtics winning, and I agree that it
was time for Pitino to leave. But I feel cheated by a team that quit because
something wasn't to their liking. Millionaire crybabies. By doing so they
quit on their fans also. As far as I'm concerned, that kind of behaviour is
unethical and disgraceful.

I have the same level of respect for this team, as the 1997 team that tanked
the season to go after Duncan. See where that kind of behaviour gets you.

Simon