Some reasons why the Bucks might be overconfident(?)

    The Milwaukee Bucks have won the closer in four of their last five
back-to-back series, including a perfect sweep of their last three
back-to-backs (Wiz-Clippers, Bulls-Cavs, and Lakers-Jazz).

    In our previous head-to-head meeting two days before X-mas, the
Bucks held Boston to 40.5 FG% and shot 49.3FG%. Cassell and Ray Allen
actually got held to 14 and 9 points respectively, while Pierce+Twon lit
it up for 61 combined points and the Celts played near full strength
(Tony Battie, Kenny Anderson and Randy Brown all got significant
minutes). The Bucks bench outscored ours by 45-20 and that was the
difference.

   Judging by today's papers I anticipate a really strong effort from
Pierce, Toine and the Celtics....they know, and we fans know, that we'll
all have nearly a week off to dwell on the result. Hopefully, Allen and
Big Dog are already looking ahead to All Star weekend, or in any case
looking past Boston now that the hard part (beating Sacramento last
night) is out of the way.

    Normally I'd be in more of a fighting mood, but I dread the Bucks
more than even Philly or the Knicks and will be happy with a win any way
we can get it. In the past, George Karl's team has done  more to
demonstrate the gap (in execution, intelligence, talent) between the
Celtics and that of an average NBA playoff contender than probably any
other Eastern opponent. Whenever we'd face the Bucks, they'd basically
catch us in their headlights and then have whatever's left of our
headless chicken nincompoop asses stuffed and mounted on a wall by the
fourth period. And those Bucks' squads were mostly soft teams destined
to be playoff fodder.

    I just want the Celts to play hard all night for the home fans and
with the confidence to win. I wouldn't be surprised if our captains are
already at the Fleet Center practicing their shooting. There's bound to
be a big ebb and flow tonight, but hopefully we'll fight to the top in
the end.

--------