Re: Is anyone out there

Yes Bentz, there are people here.  You are waiting for individuals to show
some enthusiasm for the way the C's are playing.  Some of us do, but there
are some who justifiably feel they have a right to be cynical even though
Pitino is gone.

You'd never know it though from all the references to him.  I would advise
those who hate to hear a coach yell out instructions not to listen to the
EEI feed because Max mentions it all the time.  Regardless of what Moiso
said, Obie does his share of yapdoggin' to use Joe's vernacular.

That is the way most coaches are and you don't win a championship because
your coach is either calm or a windbag.  You win when you buy into the
strategy that the coaching staff implores.  Don't have to like it, but you
do it because he/she is the coach and it is his/her job to teach the
strategy which will enable the team to be most successful.

I believe that one thing which contributed to Pitino's downfall was the fact
that he was making so much money that he felt he had to win now to justify
the expense.  I also wonder if someone like...say...Paul Pierce/Antoine
Walker were jealous that the coach was making all this money when it was
them who had to go out there and compete night in and night out?  But you
can't blame Pitino for Gaston's idiocy.  I would really like to know how
those negotiations went though.  Did he hold out for more money or did
Gaston through a bagload on the table from the very beginning?  Oh well.

Some stats from the last 14 games A.P.:

We have scored 1322 points: 94.4 ppg
We have allowed 1288 points: 92 ppg

In our 9 wins, we averaged 96.1 ppg
In our 9 wins, we allowed 90 ppg

In our 5 losses, we averaged 91.4 ppg
In our 5 losses, we allowed 101.2 ppg

It's the defense folks.  We can talk about scoring all we want but if we
hold the opposition to around 90 or thereabouts, we SHOULD win.  Walker and
Pierce have been good for 52.3 ppg as a duo grabbing a combined 16.3 boards
while dishing out 10.2 assists.

So if we can get an average of 45 points from the rest, we stand a great
chance of winning.  Can we expect 10 from VP?  Or 10 from Kenny?  How bout
10 from Stith?  That would bring us to 82.  Leaving Blount, Brown, and the
soon to be recovered Battie with 5 each, for a total of 97.  I gotta tell
ya, if we are able to get 20 ppg out of VP, Battie and Blount, I would be
ecstatic.

Cecil