milwaukee preview

This is an important game for us.  We knew the streak couldn't go on
forever, but two losses to conference rivals in a row would seriously damage
our momentum going into the all-star break.  I'm curious as to how much
Kenny Anderson hurt the team in the Toronto game, since defensive guard play
will be key against the Bucks.  I don't know if I would play Kenny a minute
if I could avoid it.  Defense cost us the Toronto game -- and it will cost
us this one, if these guys start hitting their shots.  We really need to
play them physically, so the refs will play a part in this as well.  Let's
hope that our playing at home factors in, and that Mike Mathis, Violet
Palmer, and other scrub zebras work another game.

I would say that this game, the Grizzlies game after the all-star break are
close to being must-wins.  We are currently six games under .500, and
although that's good enough for a playoff tie at the moment, it won't be at
the end of the season.  And we can't hope for another six game streak this
season, I don't think (although two three game streaks might easily happen.)
I guess I still don't believe in the team, even with Chris Herren and Tony
Battie coming back into the mix.  I've been disapointed by them too many
times over the past decade to get my hope up now.   And I suspect that they
themselves only half-believe that they can go out and execute and produce a
win, even without the magical groove and juju of a win streak blessing them.
That's why a hard-fought victory over the Bucks would count for even more
than the record shows, and why a by-the-numbers dispatching of the Grizzlies
is an absolute necessity.

The team can't roll back now.  They have to keep at .500, and somehow pick
up a few wins at the end of the month to get what they lose out west.

Below is a Bucks scouting report by analyst Joe Hironaka:

> Milwaukee is a bonafide New Year juggernaut with a 12-4 record to date,
> and a casual 10-2 over the last dozen games. They've accomplished this
> against a soft schedule similar to what Boston faced  in the first third
> of this season (but failed to capitalize on). The most noteworthy Bucks'
> triumphs have come against the Knicks, Dallas and Indiana at home. But
> they've won mostly with ease rather than luck, and seem nearly flawless
> in terms of the quality and experience of their frontline talent.
	While the Bucks feature arguably the most dangerous "Big Three"
skill players in the NBA right now with Robinson, Allen and Cassell
(60.7ppg, 14.8 assists, 16.4