From: "gene kirkpatrick" <gk_tyler@yahoo.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 6:59 PM
Subject: Happy New Year!

> I hope each of you have a safe New Year's celebration, that we all have
some early 2002 victories, that we end the season in the top area of our
predictions--say, 5 or 6 over .500-- and that this will be the year Ray is
satisfied with our acquisition of a quality big man.  On the whole this is a
smart, as well as charitable and congenial group.  Some of us go back quite
a few years, most without harsh (or pathetic) words, and I find keeping up
with the comments an enjoyable part of each day.

> Cheers to all,  Gene  (at 58; is anyone on the list older?; by the way, I
got out and shot a few hoops with my new BB today; tore through the old net)