Re: Clipper game

In a message dated 12/30/01 7:46:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Celtic4Hire@AOL.com writes:

>  For the people on the list who were at the Clipper game, what were you
>  wearing? The Celtic broadcast had many shots of Celtic fans. One
> particularly
>  amusing one was of a guy dressed up like Larry Bird....

     Well, Hank and I were not among them.  I fear that I lost my Celtics
T-shirt years ago.  They do something which I acknowledge is funny at Staples
games, and I detest crowd manipulation with calls for certain cheers at
certain times. Being older, I find the game provides enough entertainment for
me, and I know when to cheer.  I don't need someone telling me. I'm also
proud to tell folks that the Celtics are (I think) the only team without
cheerleaders!
     So during one of the timeouts, they pan the crowd and the cheerleaders,
who are prancing and dancing around the floor.  Then they find a guy in a
Celtics shirt and his picture goes up on the big scoreboard.  The crowd boos.
Quick cut to a cheerleader.  The crowd cheers. Back to a Celtics fan for more
boos, back to the cheerleader, etc.  The last Celtic fan they showed was the
Bird wannabe.  Hokey, but funny.