Re: Malone cheap shot on Strickland

At the end of the game, when you have the game won and set a blind pick in
the open court that very well "may" cause an injury to another player, I
call that a cheap shot.  There's a reason he is considered one of the
dirtiest players in the league throughout the years.  This was one example
of why.

If VP had done it to Malone at the same time of this same game they'd be
calling for a suspension and a fine.

And yes, his teammates should have warned him. But no responsible player
should look to cause injury to another.  There wasn't a "basketball basis"
for knocking him down at that point of the game.

Now if strickland was going to the hoop in the first quarter, that would
have been different.  But after the game is already in hand?  IMO, cheap
shot.

<Jim

--
Jim Hill