Re: Bob Ryan On The Highly Flawed Celtics

I love Bob Ryan. Here's what he says about the Celtics' and Patriots' chances
to win a championship.

CELTICS: "We might as well face facts. Until Shaquille O'Neal retires, the
Celtics are one of the many teams that have no chance to win a title."

PATRIOTS: "A Super Bowl in 2002? Now, that's not likely."

And now, how he feels about both teams in the playoffs.

CELTICS: "Yes, they are better. We might actually have an NBA playoff game at
the FleetCenter. If you haven't been there for a while, you might consider
buying a ticket."

PATRIOTS: "But the playoffs beckon, and ain't we havin' fun?"

Different tone to the assessments? Sure. It's just no fun watching the Celtics
win, but that's Bobby. Let me suggest something. The Celtics team leader is
"The Punk." Pierce, the keeper, is "Dolph Schayes-like?" The team leaders on
the Pats are Tom Brady and Drew "Mr. Dignified" Bledsoe. The word
"transparent" comes to mind but, hey, it's Christmas. Time for a little peace
and love. Merry Christmas everybody.

Paul M.