BSG's take

I practically jumped when I saw this posting, because
I always love his take on the Celtics.  Unlike some
people we know, he's both realistic AND a die-hard fan.
But I disagree with several things he says.  First of all:
he seriously underrates Joe Johnson.  Johnson doesn't
have "third banana" potential down the road; he has it
tomorrow.  And he doesn't suck on defense at all; he's
a superb defender.  He's a 20 year old rookie, but I would
still venture to say that he will be back on track as a major
contributor by the all-star break.  Defensively, he's not an
Erick Strickland, but BSG must not be watching the same
games as I am.  The Kedrick stuff sounds about right to me.

But I think he makes a mistake in thinking that the organization
took Joe Forte because Red ordered it from the home.  That's
absurd.  Wallace was one of Tony Parker's first big boosters,
and was touting him when everybody else dismissed Parker as
a second rounder.  He clearly believes in the principal of drafting
for talent, and put his money where his mouth is.  The fact is,
none of us really have a good sense of what Joe Forte can do.
Simmons is probably right in saying that you probably can't have
a team with Pierce, Forte, Johnson, Brown all getting minutes
unless one of the rookies is a complete bust.  (Unless, of course,
JJ becomes our point guard down the road.)

Josh